Welcome to "Proceed to Spain!"
I have much to tell you. This is the story of a journey that started in my mind many, many years ago when I was a younger man. But first I would like to explain the title of this site.
Having decided to make the move to Spain, Sarah, my wife, suggested I write a book about the journey. So I had the idea of creating a website to record the steps along the way. I was looking for a title and came up with all sorts of headings, but the domain name was either not available or was too expensive ... names like "Living in Spain", "Return to Spain" were all taken.
I hit on the name "Always Spain" although I wasn't comfortable with it because I kept seeing "Always Pain"! Then at the bottom of the page I noticed the "Proceed to Checkout" button. This means that you are ready to commit to the purchase and it hit me that this would be a great title. Sarah and I are now very committed to moving to Spain and so there is no looking back, the journey has begun and we will "Proceed to Spain!"
Another little tip here about our thinking. Yes, we are taking this journey because we intend to live out our years in Spain, for reasons that I will explain later, but we have no concept of the word "Retirement" ... in fact that is the last time I shall use the "R" word in this story. For us it is a rite of passage, a chance to reinvent ourselves once again. It is a birth and renewal of the soul.
Welcome once again ... lets proceed to Spain.....
I have much to tell you. This is the story of a journey that started in my mind many, many years ago when I was a younger man. But first I would like to explain the title of this site.
Having decided to make the move to Spain, Sarah, my wife, suggested I write a book about the journey. So I had the idea of creating a website to record the steps along the way. I was looking for a title and came up with all sorts of headings, but the domain name was either not available or was too expensive ... names like "Living in Spain", "Return to Spain" were all taken.
I hit on the name "Always Spain" although I wasn't comfortable with it because I kept seeing "Always Pain"! Then at the bottom of the page I noticed the "Proceed to Checkout" button. This means that you are ready to commit to the purchase and it hit me that this would be a great title. Sarah and I are now very committed to moving to Spain and so there is no looking back, the journey has begun and we will "Proceed to Spain!"
Another little tip here about our thinking. Yes, we are taking this journey because we intend to live out our years in Spain, for reasons that I will explain later, but we have no concept of the word "Retirement" ... in fact that is the last time I shall use the "R" word in this story. For us it is a rite of passage, a chance to reinvent ourselves once again. It is a birth and renewal of the soul.
Welcome once again ... lets proceed to Spain.....
No comments:
Post a Comment