Went to Kinokuniya bookstore after work. I had this idea it would be good to immerse myself in all things Spain by reading as much as I can from travel books and even novels that have stories located in Spain.
Actually, I went to Dymocks at lunchtime, but with little success, hence the trip after work. Anyway there were some books on the shelves although it took ages to find anything on Spain. I was really keen to find some literature on travels in Spain, but when the books are sorted by Author its means that all the countries are mixed up and titles aren't much help. Most of the publishing dates were quite old so I ditched the four books I collected and focused on the basic travel guides.
Well .. not much success there either. At first I was quite excited by two books although one did have the "R" word in it! "R" to Spain and "Buying a Home in Spain" seemed really good. Well .. no actually. It is now the year 2014 and both of these books were published in 2006. Just crazy really. Just crazy. The world moves so quickly and legislation changes so why even keep this stuff on the shelves ..very disappointing you guys at Kinokuniya! The real give away was the semi cream brown edges of the pages, like something out of a museum. Ah! will have to keep looking!
Actually, I went to Dymocks at lunchtime, but with little success, hence the trip after work. Anyway there were some books on the shelves although it took ages to find anything on Spain. I was really keen to find some literature on travels in Spain, but when the books are sorted by Author its means that all the countries are mixed up and titles aren't much help. Most of the publishing dates were quite old so I ditched the four books I collected and focused on the basic travel guides.
Well .. not much success there either. At first I was quite excited by two books although one did have the "R" word in it! "R" to Spain and "Buying a Home in Spain" seemed really good. Well .. no actually. It is now the year 2014 and both of these books were published in 2006. Just crazy really. Just crazy. The world moves so quickly and legislation changes so why even keep this stuff on the shelves ..very disappointing you guys at Kinokuniya! The real give away was the semi cream brown edges of the pages, like something out of a museum. Ah! will have to keep looking!
No comments:
Post a Comment